9 Great Reasons to Save
Many people wonder why they should bother trying to save money. Check out these 9 great reasons to save:
- To cover expenses for special occasions (prom, birthdays, trips, etc.).
- To pay for unexpected expense (e.g., a car repair, auto accident, broken digital camera, outrageous cell phone bill, etc.).
- To take advantage of unexpected opportunities (e.g., a trip, hard to get tickets to a concert or sporting event, a great sale, etc.).
- To help you achieve financial goals (e.g., buying a car, home, computer, vacation, etc.).
- To pay for college.
- To avoid credit card debt.
- To have an emergency fund to cover day-to-day expenses if you lose your job or your parents stop paying your expenses.
- To prepare for retirement. (The sooner you start the less you have to save.)
- To give you peace of mind and a sense of financial security.